Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sunshine and Sleep

Sunshine and sleep are wonderful healers. Today I feel whole again, albeit a little sad, but who can stay sad for long when there are glimpses of mountain views to be seen from every window and the land calls to play in?

This morning I awoke feeling much better, Miss Blog, and performed a balancing meditation while I lay in my bed listening to the birds. It's a very easy technique that I've been using with progressive relaxation exercises for years. With every breath in you imagine everything in your body and mind coming in to balance, aligned and in harmony with everything else. With every breath out you feel tension, stress and worry leave your mind and body. I haven't meditated f
or a very long time, so am still getting back into the swing of things, but even 5 minutes of not-so-very-good practice makes a difference!

It's interesting how synchronistic life is. I believe that this is because when we're on the right path for us we get signs all over the place. (I also believe signs come when we're doing something that is not right for us as well, but that's a topic for another time). I subscribe to a Daily Om newsletter which sometimes doesn't speak to me at all and at others aligns perfectly with what I have commenced or have been thinking about. This morning is one such time with the daily email being about writing.

For a while now I've wanted to express my thoughts in order to re-examine my belief system and how I apply it to my life but I'm really not a pen-and-paper type person. "A Witch Alone", the book I am following, is my vehicle to allow me to do this but I guess I'm more of an electronic witch as far as communication is concerned so the idea of blogging instead of writing appeals far more -
whichever way it happens - the intent is the same. To me, that's what the craft and manifesting your own reality is about - intent.

More about that another time, but today the sun is shining, the birds are calling, my daughter's puppy is happily playing with a squeak toy and I want to make the most of it. Till next time.....

(
Image from www.goacom.com/goafoundation/legal.php )


No comments: